Announcing another season of Gloria Homeschool Choir
All homeschooled students, who can already read music and sing on pitch, ages 9+, including homeschool graduates, are invited to fill out an application.
Weekly rehearsals begin Thursday, Sept. 26th, 2013.
The Gloria Home-School Choir is an organization of home-schooled singers ranging in age from 9 years and up. Our purpose is to glorify God through skillful and artistic music presentations while teaching our students the art of proper singing and musicianship. The director is Dennis Baldridge; accompanist, Jane Baldridge.
Our repertoire will be a selection of classical, sacred, patriotic and folk songs performed in a manner that reflects the order, design and glory of our Creator. Future performance opportunities may include a variety of venues such as retirement homes, community events, and participation in the radio station WCNP concert series.
The Gloria Homeschool Choir will perform a 7 pm concert on Saturday, Dec. 7th, 2013.
Please submit one application for each participant as soon as possible, but no later than September 6th, so we can evaluate the response and order music.
• The choir is limited to students age 9 and up, who can already read music and sing on pitch.
• Singing mostly in English, but possibly using a few easy songs in a foreign language such as Latin or German. (No previous language study is required.)
• Using as much public domain (free) music as possible. We would request a donation of $15 dues per family to help cover music and facility fees. All music will remain the property of the director.
• Students who sang with us in 2012 are still considered members of the choir. New members will be asked to audition on familiar songs (date to be determined). Please submit an application even if you were a member of the 2012 Gloria choir.
• Home-school graduates are encouraged and welcome to participate as well.
• A choir is a unified group effort. Therefore, it is assumed that all choir members commit to attendance at all rehearsals.
• Rehearsals will begin promptly with vocal training and warm-ups designed to emphasize specific aspects of musicianship needed for the music to be rehearsed.
• Rehearsals are designed to be educational and engaging. Participants will be expected to be attentive for the duration of the rehearsal.
Rehearsals – Nine (9) weekly rehearsals on Thursday nights 6:30 – 8:30 pm, starting September 26, 2013 ; rehearsals will begin and end on time.
Location: Burr Wesleyan Church; S1728 Cty Rd V, Hillsboro, WI (Corner of Cty V & Hwy 33).
Dates: 9/26, 10/3, 10/10, 10/17, 10/31, 11/7, 11/14, 11/21, 12/5.
Some rehearsal dates or location may have to be changed due to the church’s needs.